INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (BANARAS HINDU UNIVERSITY)
INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (BANARAS HINDU UNIVERSITY), VARANASI was established in 2012. College contains major facilities like auditorium conference hall gymnasium common room computer lab separate room for girls, and many other student friendly things. They also offer scholarship to students depending on criteria.Various courses offered are :
- B.Pharm.-Bachelor of Pharmacy
- B.Tech M.Tech-Bachelor of Technology, Master of Technology
- B.Tech.-Bachelor of Technology
- M.Pharm. -Master of Pharmacy
- M.Tech. -Master of Technology
- Ph.D.-Doctor of Philosophy
Reasons to Join Institute
- Founded in 1919 as the Banaras Engineering College, it became the Institute of Technology, Banaras Hindu University in 1968.
- It was designated an Indian Institute of Technology in 2012. IIT (BHU), Varanasi has 13 departments and three inter-disciplinary schools.
- IIT (BHU) has 17 academic units including 10 Engineering Departments, 3 Science Departments, 3 Interdisciplinary Schools and 1 Humanities & Social Sciences Section.
- The Institute has one Main Library along with many Departmental Libraries.
- These libraries house more than 200,000 books and subscribe to a large number of scientific and technical journals.
- Online access of these journals is also possible.
- All the students are provided with text book bank facilities where a certain number of books are issued to them for the semester.
- IIT (BHU), Varanasi has a residential and co-educational campus built on an area of 400 acres within the larger BHU campus which is spread over nearly 1,300 acres (5.3 km2) at the southern end of Varanasi on the banks of the River Ganges.
- There are 17 hostels for students, 12 for boys, 4 for girls and 1 for married couples.
- The Students' Gymkhana manages all student activities at the campus.
- The Gymkhana consists of 4 Councils namely, the Cultural Council, the Science and Technology Council, the Film and Media Council and the Sports Council. Technex is the annual technical festival.
- Kashiyatra is the annual social and cultural festival.
- Various Intra-IIT Events, also called IIT Open, are also organized separately by various clubs.
- They include Manthan (First year Inter-Branch) (hitherto known as Fachcha Event), Jhankaar (Dance Club, Western Music Club and Indian Music Club), Kshitij (Theatre Club), Rhetorica (Lit Club and Quiz Club), etc.