National Institute of Technology
National Institute of Technology, Durgapur was established in 1960. College contains major facilities like auditorium library conference hall gymnasium common room computer lab and many other student friendly things. They also offer scholarship to students depending on criteria. Foreign students are also allowed to take admissionVarious courses offered are :
- B.Tech.-Bachelor of Technology
- M.Sc.-Master of Science
- M.Tech. -Master of Technology
- M.B.A.- Master of Business Administration
- M.C.A. -Master of Computer Applications
Reasons to Join Institute
- National Institute of Technology, Durgapur is a residential Institute.
- Formerly known as the Regional Engineering College, Durgapur (REC Durgapur), it is among the first 8 Regional Engineering Colleges established in India.
- There are seven hostels for boys and two hostels for girls to accommodate the admitted students.
- A canteen for the students and the staff is located near the main academic building and there is a second canteen at the rear exit of the main academic building of the Institute.
- A modern Guest House beside the Director's Bungalow extends hospitality to the guests of the Institute.
- In the middle of the residential area there is a Shopping Complex which meets the daily requirement of the residents.
- The Library as one of the important central facilities of the Institute supports the study, teaching, research and development programmes of the Institute.
- It is housed in a separate building having three floors on a plinth area of 1000sq.
- The library has a collection of 1.2 lac volumes which includes Text Books, Reference Books & Bound vols.
- of Journals, Standards etc.
- The Library subscribes to about 180 current Journals.
- Library has introduced wi-fi Internet facility inside it to facilitate free-flow of information to the users.
- Library has a well-equipped Xerox facility.
- The users can avail of this facility on payment of a nominal charge.
- It has also some Audio-Visual equipment like Colour TVs, VCPs, Video-Camera, Direct Projectors, and Multimedia Projectors etc.
- It has also a good IT infrastructure.
- The library is an institutional member of DELNET (Developing Library Network), American Centre Library, Kolkata.
- There are many facilities for the students to engage themselves in extra-curricular activities.
- The Institute has a full-fledged Physical Training Department for the students.
- Students are trained in various sports and games by well experienced and qualified coaches arranged by the Department of Physical Training.
- Two playing grounds – (the Lord's and the Oval) are for outdoor activities like cricket, football and hockey.
- There are courts for volleyball, basketball and lawn tennis.
- There is a badminton court present in each hostel.
- A number of fests are held both in the odd and the even semesters.
- Cricket, football, badminton, table tennis, lawn tennis, basketball and volleyball are the common sports activities that keep the students busy.
- Besides the indoor game facilities available in the student hostels, there stands a Student Activity Centre, which includes an indoor auditorium and a gymnasium with latest equipment.
- The auditorium provides table tennis and badminton facilities.