Indian Institute of Technology
Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati was established in 1994. College contains major facilities like auditorium library conference hall gymnasium indoor stadium common room computer lab separate room for girls, and many other student friendly things. They also offer scholarship to students depending on criteria. Foreign students are also allowed to take admissionVarious courses offered are :
- B.Des.-Bachelor of Design
- B.Tech.-Bachelor of Technology
- Integrated Ph.D-Integrated Doctor of Philosophy
- M.Des.-Master of Design
- M.Sc.-Master of Science
- M.Tech. -Master of Technology
- M.A.-Master of Arts
- M.S.-Master of Science
- Ph.D.-Doctor of Philosophy
Reasons to Join Institute
- Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati, the sixth member of the IIT fraternity, was established in 1994.With the majestic Brahmaputra on one side, and with hills and vast open spaces on others, the campus provides an ideal setting for learning.
- At present the Institute has eleven departments and three inter-disciplinary academic centres covering all the major engineering, science and humanities disciplines, offering BTech, BDes, MA, MDes, MTech, MSc and PhD programmes.
- The 74,000 square metres Academic Complex houses the academic departments, centres, their laboratories, classrooms, etc.
- The Computer and Communication Centre houses a modern Computer Centre and Central Library.
- A lecture hall complex with four lecture halls, each capable of seating 250 scholars and an auditorium of 1500 capacity provide space for teaching and holding various events/programmes.
- The Sports Complex comprising of an indoor sports stadium with synthetic badminton, table tennis and squash courts, gymnasium and the Students Gymkhana office, an 8 lane 50 m long swimming pool and flood-lit playing fields for all major outdoor games provide ample scope of recreation for the campus residents.