Indian Institute of Technology
Indian Institute of Technology, Ropar was established in 2008. College contains major facilities like auditorium library conference hall gymnasium indoor stadium computer lab and many other student friendly things.Various courses offered are :
- B.Tech.-Bachelor of Technology
- M.Sc.-Master of Science
- M.Tech. -Master of Technology
- Ph.D.-Doctor of Philosophy
Reasons to Join Institute
- IIT Ropar is located at Rupnagar (formerly known as Ropar) town of the district Rupnagar.
- The nearest airport is at Chandigarh at a distance of about 60 km. The location for permanent campus of IIT Ropar is Birla Seed Farms, Rupnagar.
- The Government of Punjab has approved about 525 acres (2.12 km2) land for the permanent campus in Rupnagar. The Institute campus houses five hostels: four for boys (Mercury Wings A , B & C, Jupiter and Neptune Houses) and one for girls (Venus House).
- The hostels are well equipped for comfortable lodging and boarding of approximately 550 students.
- All hostels are provided with water coolers and RO water filter systems.
- Each hostel has a common room that provides facilities for indoor recreation and games.
- The Central Library functions as the primary information resource and repository for all teaching and research activities at the institute.
- Apart from textbooks and recommended reading material prescribed for each course offered at the institute, the library houses a growing collection of research monographs, reports, multi-volume reference works, dictionaries, encyclopaedias, handbooks, and so on.