Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education & Research
Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education & Research, Puducherry was established in 1823. College contains major facilities like and many other student friendly things.Various courses offered are :
- B.Sc.-Bachelor of Science
- B.Sc.(Nursing)-Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- B.A.S.L.P.-Bachelor of Audiology and Speech Language Pathology
- D.M.-Doctor of Medicine
- M.Ch.-Master of Chirurgiae
- M.Sc.-Master of Science
- M.Sc. Nursing-Master of Science in Nursing
- M.B.B.S.-Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery
- M.D.-Doctor of Medicine
- M.S.-Master of Surgery
- Ph.D.-Doctor of Philosophy
Reasons to Join Institute
- The Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research (JIPMER) is a medical school in India, and the oldest to teach European medicine in Asia.
- JIPMER is both an educational institute that imparts undergraduate and postgraduate medical training and a working hospital that provides inexpensive medical care to a large number of patients.
- JIPMER is an institute of national importance and a tertiary care referral hospital that is under the direct administrative control of Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS), Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India.
- JIPMER is a residential medical institution with its own campus spread over 195 acres.
- It has about 200 faculty and 360 resident physicians and over 3,000 nursing, administrative and support staff. Every year it admits 150 undergraduate students and 75 postgraduate students.
- JIPMER is now also a member of Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO), National Knowledge Network (NKN) and Asia Pacific Advanced Network (APAN).
- . As a part, academic curriculum innovations JIPMER is going to change its teaching methodology from TRADITIONAL one to INTEGRATED AND INNOVATIVE study methodologies.
- JIPMER offers a variety of courses. Undergraduate courses include MBBS, BSc (Medical Laboratory Technology),BSc( Allied Medical Sciences- Cardiac Lab Technology/Dialysis/Neuro/OT), BMRSc (Bachelor of Medical Record Science). BSc (Nursing) was started in
- Postgraduate courses include MD, MS, and diploma in many specialties, MSc in Medical Biochemistry and PhD in several subjects. Super-specialty courses include MCh in cardiothoracic surgery, urology, neurosurgery, plastic surgery, paediatric surgery, gastro intestinal surgery and DM in Cardiology, Neurology, Nephrology, Neonatology, Clinical pharmacology and Immunology.On January 2014 JIPMER started master's in public health.
- The institute conducts research actively in modern medicine, public health and medical education. A research council at the institute level looks after the research activities and a scientific society provides a forum for presenting research work. Numerous conferences, workshops, seminars and training courses are conducted by the institute every year. Funds for research come from mural and extramural sources like the ICMR, UGC, DBT, WHO, etc. The faculty, the residents and the students publish research papers regularly in journals of national and international repute as well as present research abstracts at national and international conferences. course. Emergency Medical Technician course MRO and MRT.