Indian Institute of Technology
Indian Institute of Technology, Bhubaneshwar was established in 2008. College contains major facilities like auditorium library conference hall gymnasium common room computer lab separate room for girls, and many other student friendly things. They also offer scholarship to students depending on criteria.Various courses offered are :
- B.Tech.-Bachelor of Technology
- M.Sc.-Master of Science
- M.Tech. -Master of Technology
- Ph.D.-Doctor of Philosophy
Reasons to Join Institute
- Indian Institute of Technology Bhubaneswar (IIT-BBS) is one of the eight new IITs set up by the Government of India in 2008. Institute has started operating from permanent campus at Arugul from academic session 2015-16.
- The classes are held in the permanent campus at argul. The classrooms and the laboratory facilites of 1st and 2nd year students are fully functional in new campus while the laboratory facilities of 3rd and 4th year students will be shifted nearly around December, 2016. The Government of Odisha has allotted about 936 acres of Government land for permanent campus of the institute.
- IIT Bhubaneswar is the first IIT to set up a separate marine campus in 2011 for conducting research in rising sea levels, ecology, disaster management, marine ecosystems, fishery development, and other areas.
- This campus, which will be a part of the School of Earth, Ocean and Environment Sciences, will be set up near Chilka lake.
- It will have educational facilities for undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- The Institute has broadly adopted the course curricula, syllabi and other academic regulations of IIT Kharagpur, the mentor institute.
- The Institute has two hostels (started in July 2015) at its permanent campus, Mahanadi Hall of residence (MHR) of 800 capacity for boys and Subarnarekha Hall of Residence(SHR) for girls of 200 capacity.
- Alma Fiesta is the annual socio-cultural festival of Indian Institute of Technology, Bhubaneswar.
- It is one of the flagship cultural events of the eastern India; a three day extravaganza that aims to both entertain and enlighten the masses. Wissenaire is the annual techno-management festival of Indian Institute of Technology.
- Wissenaire encompasses various sectors of technology,science and management.
- These include quizzing, coding, designing, robotics,planning and testing the creativity and innovative spirit of the young,intelligent minds.
- Wissenaire has reached to a remarkable stage of what an established fest offers.