Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology
Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology, Nagpur was established in 1960. College contains major facilities like auditorium library conference hall gymnasium indoor stadium common room computer lab separate room for girls, and many other student friendly things. Foreign students are also allowed to take admissionVarious courses offered are :
- B.Tech.-Bachelor of Technology
- M.Sc.-Master of Science
- M.Tech. -Master of Technology
Reasons to Join Institute
- Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology, Nagpur is one of the thirty National Institutes of Technology in the country.
- The institute is located in the western part of the city near Ambazari Lake, about 8 kilometres (5.0 mi) from Nagpur Railway Station and 8 kilometres (5.0 mi) from Dr.
- Babasaheb Ambedkar International Airport, Nagpur.
- There are three main entrances to the 225 acres (91 ha) campus.
- Most students live on the campus, which has over 12 men's hostels and 2 women's hostels.
- The campus is fully networked using fiber optic cables.
- The campus has facilities for auditoriums, a computer center, sporting facilities, cafes, coffee shops, a co-operative store and a post office.
- The campus has on display a Mikoyan MiG-27, a ground attack aircraft decommissioned from the Indian Air Force.
- Chandrama is an on-campus all night canteen, open since 1978.
- The India Coffee House also operates a day canteen inside the campus.
- The college campus has been declared a green zone, which includes a ban on the usage of powered vehicles.
- VNIT Nagpur offers students opportunities to pursue a range of interests.
- The National Cadet Corps and National Service Scheme are national organizations with active student participation.
- The institute has a very vibrant campus life with as many as 30 clubs and student organizations.
- These clubs span and promote a variety of interests such as technical, cultural, literary, debating, quizzing, sports, social service etc.
- among the students.
- It hosts an active chapter of SPIC MACAY, which promotes classical Indian music, dance and culture.
- Hamsdhwani is a student Hindustani classical music group.
- A number of semi-professional rock bands and music groups are formed at VNIT and perform at local events.
- A gymnasium and various sports facilities for cricket, lawn tennis, football, basketball, athletics are available on the campus.
- An Indoor Games Complex has been built for indoor sports such as badminton, table-tennis among others.
- College teams also participate in regional championships and the Inter-NIT Sports Tournament.