Indian Institute of Technology
Indian Institute of Technology, Mumbai was established in 1958. College contains major facilities like auditorium library conference hall gymnasium indoor stadium computer lab and many other student friendly things. They also offer scholarship to students depending on criteria. Foreign students are also allowed to take admissionVarious courses offered are :
- B.Des.-Bachelor of Design
- B.Sc.-Bachelor of Science
- B.Tech.-Bachelor of Technology
- M.Des.-Master of Design
- M.Mgt.-Master of Management
- M.Phil.-Master of Philosophy
- M.Sc.-Master of Science
- M.Tech. -Master of Technology
- Ph.D.-Doctor of Philosophy
Reasons to Join Institute
- The institute is recognised worldwide as a leader in the field of engineering education and research.
- Research and academic programmes at IIT Bombay are driven by an outstanding faculty, many of whom are reputed for their research contributions internationally.
- Members of the faculty of the institute have won many prestigious awards and recognitions, including the Shanti Swaroop Bhatnagar and Padma awards.
- Located in Powai, one of the northern suburbs of Mumbai, the residents of the institute reap the advantage of being in the busy financial capital of India, while at the same time enjoying the serenity of a campus known for its natural beauty.
- A fully residential institute, all its students are accommodated in its 15 hostels with in-house dining; the campus also provides excellent amenities for sports and other recreational facilities.
- During sixties, the Institute picked a song to call of its own - an incantation translated from the Bengali, its original credited to Rabindranath Tagore. IIT Bombay’s Central Library is like IIT Bombay – user-focused, innovative, and excellence driven.
- The library has always benefited from the institutes’ culture, is pioneer in adopting new technology, and is far ahead than many libraries in the country.