National Institute of Technology
National Institute of Technology, Calicut was established in 1961. College contains major facilities like auditorium library conference hall gymnasium indoor stadium common room computer lab and many other student friendly things. They also offer scholarship to students depending on criteria. Foreign students are also allowed to take admissionVarious courses offered are :
- B.Architecture-Bachelor of Architecture
- B.Tech.-Bachelor of Technology
- D.Phil.-Doctor of Philosophy
- M.Sc.-Master of Science
- M.Tech. -Master of Technology
- M.B.A.- Master of Business Administration
- M.C.A. -Master of Computer Applications
- Ph.D.-Doctor of Philosophy
Reasons to Join Institute
- Set in a picturesque landscape at the foothills of the Western Ghats, National Institute of Technology Calicut (NITC) is located about 22 kilometers north-east of Calicut City.
- NITC offers 10 UG and 30 PG programmes at present.
- Besides this, all departments have their research programmes as well.
- As a hallmark of our autonomy, faculty members have freedom to design course curricula and syllabi, subject to approval by the senate before being offered for study.
- The UG and PG curricula are revised every six years to keep pace with latest trends in technical education.
- The institute and academic departments are reviwed individualy by external experts every year.
- Academic programmes are offered by 13 departments and schools at NITC.
- NITC has set up a Technology Business Incubator (TBI-NITC).
- The TBI has extended incubation facility to 47 start up companies so far.
- The support has been extended to units in different sectors like software/IT, electronics, rubber technology and solar energy.
- The units incubated in the TBI generate employment opportunities for at least 300-350 people.
- TBI can claim 87 percent success if the sustenance of the incubated units is considered.
- The major attraction of the campus, the voluntary participation programme goes on irrespective of semesters.
- Regular practice is the main feature in every major game under faculty guidance and supervision.
- Institute teams are picked, trained and exposed to various levels of tournaments, namely district, state, invitation, interuniversity, inter-NIT and so on.
- The Central Library with a collection of 1.22 lakhs of Books, 193 international and national journals (print) and other resources caters to the knowledge demands of the entire NITC community.
- It is housed in a spacious, centrally located building.
- A new building of over 11340 sq.
- meter area is nearing completion.
- The central library also houses the NALANDA Digital Library, which has over 4690 online journals, 2117 e-books, 31674 e-databases, 9994 conference proceedings and about 2132 ETDs/ CBTs, etc.
- The Central Computer Centre (CCC) is a computing facility which caters to the computing requirements of the whole community of this institution.
- The working hours of this centre is round the clock on all working days.
- The centre is equipped with three IBM X-series servers, one Dell PowerEdge 6600 quad processor xeon server, six Dell PowerEdge 2600 dual processor server and one sunfire V210 server.
- The desktops and thin clients are connected to the servers through gigabit switches and CAT6 UTP cables.
- The centre is connected to the campus-networking centre with backbone of 32Mbps through a Nortel L3 switch and in turn to internet.