National Institute of Technology
National Institute of Technology, Karnataka was established in 1960. College contains major facilities like auditorium library conference hall gymnasium indoor stadium common room computer lab separate room for girls, and many other student friendly things. They also offer scholarship to students depending on criteria. Foreign students are also allowed to take admissionVarious courses offered are :
- B.Tech.-Bachelor of Technology
- M.Sc.-Master of Science
- M.Tech. -Master of Technology
- M.B.A.- Master of Business Administration
- M.C.A. -Master of Computer Applications
- Ph.D.-Doctor of Philosophy
Reasons to Join Institute
- NITK has a lush green 250 acre campus.
- Residential Campus is self sufficient in every aspect.
- Residential campus is made up of Director's quarters, Professors & Asst professors quarters, Lectures & Asst lectures quarters, Warden quarters, Bachelors quarters and Non-teaching staff colony.
- It has a private beach, including a lighthouse.
- There are more than 200 residences on campus including independent houses and flats.
- The Central Library has a floor area of 2,758 m2, and it's three reading halls can accommodate a total of 600 students.
- The campus also houses a staff club, a post office, two schools (Kannada and English medium), guest houses, a food court, a swimming pool and playgrounds.
- These facilities are made available to both the staff and the students at NITK.
- NITK Surathkal offers undergraduate and graduate programs in Engineering, Science and Management.
- The institute has 14 departments and 11 support centres with about 200 faculty members, 300 support staff, 5,500 students and 15,500 alumni worldwide.
- Being primarily a residential institution along with Surathkal beach less than a kilometre (0.62 mi) away, a unique culture has developed over the 50 years of NITK's existence.
- Since 2004 when it became a centrally funded institution, NITK has opened doors to students from all over the country.
- Students involve in technical activities, as well as cultural events supported by one of the many student run clubs and organisations on campus.
- An open-air theatre called Student Activity Center is the venue for most of the music performances and movie screenings.
- Beach events are unique to NITK, with sand sculptures and kite flying being recent highlights.
- Sports facilities include the cricket ground, tennis lawns, shuttle badminton and table tennis complex, the basketball and volleyball courts along with a swimming pool.
- The Recreation Committee (RC) of the institute organises recreational activities including Freshers’ cup, floodlit cricket matches which garner a vibrant fan following.
- The much awaited inter-year sports festival 'Phoenix' is organised during the even semester where students battle for gold, silver and bronze medals, and the overall shield.