Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology
Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology, Surat was established in 1961. College contains major facilities like library conference hall gymnasium indoor stadium common room computer lab separate room for girls, and many other student friendly things. They also offer scholarship to students depending on criteria. Foreign students are also allowed to take admissionVarious courses offered are :
- B.Tech.-Bachelor of Technology
- M.Tech. -Master of Technology
- Ph.D.-Doctor of Philosophy
- Integrated M.Sc.-Integrated Master of Science
Reasons to Join Institute
- The port city of Surat is one of the most important areas of the state of Gujarat.
- The campus is opposite to the Ichchhanath Temple, piplod.
- The campus is spread over 250 hectares of lush green forest, which is midway between the Surat Domestic Airport and Surat Railway station, and is well connected by city buses and local trains.
- The campus is around 10 km from the Surat Railway station.
- NIT Surat is a premier institute that was established to train scientists and engineers to cater to the country's growing need for R&D and technological manpower.
- The campus has one canteen located behind the Central Library building.
- It’s used by hostelites as well as the occasional visitor.
- The institute offers undergraduate, postgraduate and Doctoral courses in Engineering and Technology, Science, Humanities and Management.
- In addition to laboratories and central research facilities, NIT Surat has ten academic departments.
- The institute's academic facilities are located in the north-western part of the campus; these include the department buildings, laboratories, lecture halls, the central computer centre and the central library.
- Each department has its own library, in addition to the central library.
- The institute organizes annual cultural and technical festivals: MindBend (technical festival), Sparsh (social and techno-cultural festival) and Autumnfest (automotive festival) as well as IGNIS (all India inter engineering college sports festival) that attract participants from all over the country and abroad.
- The Central Library is located near the Administrative (Admin) building of the institute and is amongst the major technological libraries in the area of science, engineering and technology.
- Its collection includes over 150,000 books and documents, and it subscribes to more than 600 printed and online journals and conference proceedings.
- SVNIT has ten hostels with nine for boys and one dedicated to girls named after personalities of India.
- Each hostel has its own mess, TV room, Sports room and computer facility.